How to Create a Fabric Dye JournalJun 28, 2022
I love experimenting with natural dyes to create my own unique stash of fabrics and yarns to use in my creative projects.
When I started with natural dyeing a few years ago, I quickly discovered that a Dye Journal is incredibly helpful for keeping track of my experiments so I can recreate the colors I love and build on past experiments.
Creating a dye journal is super simple. All you need to get started is a blank sketchbook or notebook, a glue stick, and a pen. There are some key details I always make note of so I can recreate my color recipes.
Let me show you inside my dye journal and walk you through the steps to creating and using your own.
Would you like to learn more about natural fabric/fiber dyeing? Join me for my FREE class From Flowers to Fabric!
- A simple set up for dyeing your own fabrics that makes it easy to get started!
- Types of fabrics to use + the different effects you can create (lots of great options for quilters!)
- The overall process for dyeing fabrics that won't fade or bleed
- I'll demonstrate dyeing with real fabric & a dye you probably have in your pantry
- Plus a ton of beautiful examples of colors you and prints you can achieve in your own kitchen
Hope to see you there!